Tuesday, July 30, 2013

July 29th, 2013

Hey Mom 
I don't think that I am allowed to go onto blogs, but if you could send me the letter that would be great. Proverbs 31 is a super good chapter, and it made me think of you. I am so glad that you and Dad are always trying to do the right things. I have been realizing more and more what a blessing it was for me to be raised by you.
This week was great! We are still teaching Hjalmar and Anna, we are really trying to get Anna to participate in the lessons but it has been a little hard. We set a date for Hjalmar to quit snus and we have been trying to get Anna to want to quit suns, but as of yet she does not.

Also Sanne who has a baptismal date for the 31st of August is back from Spain and she sent us a text asking when we could meet, so we will be meeting her on Wednesday. I am excited to see how she is doing, while she was in Spain she texted us and said that she brought her Book of Mormon with her to read on the beach and that she was praying every night and morning. It has been great to see the progress that she has made, she seems like she has more of a light in her eyes every time we meet.
An interesting experience we had, yesterday on the way home from church the bus driver turned around and asked us, "what do you guys think about all the confusion of all these religions and all the wars and things" so we taught him about the restoration and the great apostasy, he said that he was born a Hindu in Africa and learned English there, he also said that he was confused by all the different churches because they all taught a lot of the same things but then there were all these wars and bad things that happen because of them. He said that he tries to be open to all sorts of different beliefs. It was a great discussion and we gave him a Book of Mormon and a card. He said that he was interested and that if he had any questions he would give us a call. That was a cool experience, and I hope that he calls us.
  
I have noticed a little bit of improvement in the language, it is coming slowly but surely. This week we went on splits with a couple of the members from our ward... and no one we visited or the guy that I went with could speak any English, so that was fun. The scriptures are really great to have and they help a ton when it's hard to understand people. One of the people we visited while I was on splits was a man named Lennart who is a less active from our ward he is about 70 or 80 and has some interesting ideas. One of which is that he thinks he is Jesus, and that one of his friends who he showed us a picture of in one of his scrapbooks is John the baptist. He is very hard to understand because of his dentures which are not very well made, but we have been meeting with him at least once every week and he has come to sacrament meeting every week I have been here.

I also found out this week that great grandma Edla Peterson was born in Karlskrona somewhere... which is down in the very south right part of Sweden. I thought that was cool.
anyway I love you all and I hope that you are doing well!
Hans      

Here is a slug that was on a path... yesterday I saw like a hundred of them I think that it is because of the rain.


Here is a picture of a tie that I got for 4 bucks and I am standing on a massive rock.

seriously massive rock...

We trackted all of these houses and we even placed a card with a guy and talked with him for about 20 minutes about the Church. we offered him a Mormons Bok but he didn't take it. He did say that we could stop by again if we wanted to though.

some pictures of a forest right by the houses that we trackted in the picture above.

This was in the same forest. they are just some cool stone stairs, and my only other Swedish tie, now I have 3.

This is a stone bridge in the same forest.



No comments:

Post a Comment