Sunday, July 28, 2013

June 4th, 2014 | First Email from the MTC

Dear Mom and Dad,
tank du so myket for dig letter! I am happy to hear that you are doing well. I can't even begin to describe how happy I am here at the MTC, it is so much fun! this week flew by so fast it feels like I have been here for only one day. We go to bed every night laughing! (mostly because when Elder lofgren laughs he sound like a hyena)  My companion Elder Clawson is great and we get along very well. Elder Loughren has gotten 7 packages of doughnuts, sweet rolls, candy and chips... I think that his parents want him to get so fat that he has to come home. hahaha just kidding. By the way if you go to dearelder.com I think that you can send letters directly to the MTC.
The language is hard but fun. apparently I have a strong German accent when I talk. I have really liked studying the scriptures in Swedish. This week we have had three lessons with our investagater Marta. We only speak swedish in the lessons and that is a little hard. I keep thinking that it would be so nice to speak english because I can express myself better, but I know that the lord wants me to speak swedish. I miss you but I really am loving it here.
I can't really say that it is hard here on my mission and maybe it will become so, I was really surprised to hear in testimony meeting that some missionarys are having a really hard time. I think though that the reason for this is working with you Dad. I know you always said I would thank you one day for being hard on me and I think that that day is today, because I have had a fantastic time here and I love concentrating on the work.
I have learned that contention is of the devil, even in very small amounts and it there is even a little bit of contention in your heart you can not feel the spirit. There are two sisters in our district, sister Hill and sister Carlson, they are in our class and they are definitely not as competitive as any of us, Elder Lofgren (i think thats how you spell it) and i are probably the most competitive in learning the language and tomorrow our class has decided to only speak Swedish. I saw Jake yesterday in the Cafeteria and I talked to him for a bit. I love singing in Swedish it is a great way to feel the spirit and learn the language at the same time.
Collin I miss you your an awesome brother, remember the most important thing to do on your mission is to concentrate on the work. when you do that there is no way that you can be discouraged. I hope that my letter is good or as the swedish say bra, anyway I love you all and I hope you are doing great!  
Jag vet att Mormons bok er sann. Jag vet att Jesu Kristi Kyrka av sista dagars heliga er sann. Jag ar tacksam for dig, mina familij. Jag vet att Joseph Smith ar en Guds profet, och jag vet att Jesu Kristus dode for oss. Jag alskar dig so myket!

No comments:

Post a Comment