Tuesday, August 6, 2013

August 5th, 2013

Hey Everyone!

It is so great to hear from you and it sounds like you had a very full week. 

Well this week was great, as always. For P-day we just stayed here in Trollhättan which was actually kind of nice. On Tuesday we had a Zone Conference which was great! President Newell and his wife came which was good. It was a really inspiring meeting and I think that it motivated all of us missionaries. 
This week I got to go on splits with one of our zone leaders, Elder Carpenter forThursday and Friday morning, we had a great day and ended up teaching a lot. One of the teaches was quite interesting. So last week Elder Carpenter and his companion were on a bus trying to contact someone (who was not interested) when a German guy asked them "hey are you guys from the states?" the responded yes and then they started talking to him, eventually he said "hey you guys should come to this grill (BBQ) I'm having at my house on Thusrday night." so they accepted and they got his number. On Wed he texted them and told them "just bring your own meat to grill and some chips, but don't worry about drinks I have plenty of German beer" so we brought our own drinks haha. 
When we got there there were a bunch of people. We sat by Henrike (the German guy) and one of his friends who was Swedish. We actually had a good discussion with them about the church and it was funny because the Swedish guy looked just like Bruce Wayne.
 After the grill we went to a less active lady's house, because she wanted a blessing. She is very English and like Elder Carpenter said "she is basically a nice version of Beautrix Lestrange from Harry Potter" he was "spot on". We talked with her for a while and then we gave her a blessing of healing (she is struggling with addiction to prescription drugs). The blessing was very nice, and she said that she felt comforted right away.
anyway we are still working with Sanne who is back from Spain and her friend Petronella who is also back from Spain. While I was on splits my companion taught Sanne the word of wisdom, she said that it seemed logical and that she would live it.
Hjalmar and Anna are still using snus but Hjalmar said that the scriptures we send him everyday have been helping.
Also this week I was excited to find out that missionaries in our mission are allowed to have guitars! I actually got to play a very nice 12 string guitar in a music store last week when Elder Carpenter was buying a harmonica, the guitar sounded great, the harmonica... not so much. The 12 string was 1200 SEK though which is around 200 dollars, I don't know if I will buy one or just find one that has been left by another elder (which happens a lot but they are not usually in great shape) either way I have a lot of time to choose.     

Anyway I am doing well and I hope that everyone else is also well. I love getting letters from people so keep them coming!

Love, 
Äldste Peterson

No comments:

Post a Comment