Hey everyone!
Thank you so much for the package it was great! I really enjoyed receiving the letters that were in it and don't worry Mom I will make sure to write them back... I think that I will send them to our address and then you can give them to them.
This week was amazing. A couple of nights ago I got to give a blessing to Elder Lofgren as he was coughing so much that he could not sleep. I felt the influence of the Holy Ghost very strong as I gave him the blessing and after the blessing he got back in bed and did not cough for the rest of the night. I was very glad that Elder Steen had his oil with him at the time. The next day the six of us in our classroom gave blessing of comfort to one of the sisters in our district.
I am very glad that I am worthy to hold the priesthood, and it is amazing how much power we are allowed to wield in this life.
I hope that Deidra's skin gets better, I will pray for that. Tess sent me some pictures of Audrey, she is getting so big! I am sad that I did not see Aunt Annette or uncle Jeff, but I have seen Josh a few times and Josh's companion even took a picture of the two of us together, he seems to be doing well.
Yesterday I decided to get scripture flags and I am now going through my scriptures marking all the scriptures in the lessons of preach my gospel. I have color coded them to each lesson, and as I have been going through the scriptures I have really grown to value them. I think that it is so cool that Heavenly Father has given us this much knowledge to work with on the earth and I would encourage anyone and everyone reading this to mark up your scriptures and study with your journal (remember a goal that is not written down is not a goal). I have also grown to love the Doctrine and Covenants it is incredible how much revelation is contained in that book.
The language is difficult but it is slowly coming, and I was very happy when on Saturday I taught a lesson with an RM who spoke Norwegian and I not only understood alot of what he said, but I was also able to translate a few phrases from Norwegian into Swedish for our investigator. We were also able to skype with Swedish members in Sweden on Monday and I was able to understand most of what he said and teach a lesson.
I am very glad to hear that I got my visa... I have been praying for that. We got our travel plans this last week! and while I am at the airport I will be able to call you, so be ready to accept calls on Monday next week. We leave the MTC at 3:30 AM on Monday, and we arrive in Sweden at 6:55 AM on Tuesday their time. On the way we will be stopping in Atlanta, and Amsterdam.
I love you all, I love hearing from you all, and I hope you are all doing well,
Elder Peterson
No comments:
Post a Comment