Monday, July 28, 2014

July 28th, 2014 | Alinsås!

Well I am now in my new area of Alingsås! It's pretty different here, both the landscape and the people. I had no idea, but the dialect here is different. It's cool to be able to hear the difference now.
I spoke in church on Sunday, the ward is pretty big, about 70 people in sacrament meeting. I talked about prayer. I shared Alma 37:36-37 and Mosiah 4:11 which are both great scriptures I would recommend.
It was really hot this last week which made traveling uncomfortable but totally fine. It was kind of interesting. It was planned that I would take a train to Katrinaholm and then switch to one going to Gothenburg, but the first train that I was on had something malfunction about an hour into the trip, so they slowly made it to a stop in the middle of nowhere and switched everyone on the train to a bus.
while we were waiting for the bus I almost laughed the situation was so funny. We were all gathered under a few trees for the shade. There was a small group of people from south america on their way to a dance competition in Malmö so they played some spanish dance music while we waited, I was alone. in a white shirt and tie, and there were Swedes as well of course.
The bus finally arrived and we made our way to Katrinaholm, passing through beautiful Swedish countryside on the way. I sat by a man from Iran, we didn't talk much.
We arrived after about an hour and a half, and waited at the train station for our trains. They were all delayed, so I stood there for around 2 hours until finally the train arrived to the cheering of all of us waiting, I thought it was funny that they cheered. I ended up arriving in Gothenburg at 30 minutes to midnight luckily Elder Simas and Elder Stafford, one of the zone leaders were waiting. We waited another 30 minutes for another missionary to arrive and then spent the night at their apartment in Gothenburg instead of making the trip to Alingsås.
It was a long trip. But i'm here!

I forgot my camera cable so no pictures this week.
Love,
Äldste Peterson

No comments:

Post a Comment