Friday, July 11, 2014

July 7th, 2014

Well this week I got to explain to Daniel what a strawberry was. I got a very Swedish haircut, probably too Swedish, and we got to see a bunch of Swedish people try to act like Americans for about three days. It was Power Meet, which apparently is the biggest American classic car show\gathering in the world.
Mostly it was just a bunch of very drunk people driving in a perpetual traffic jam around Västerås wearing as little as possible, and some less than that.
The work here is still going well, I love talking to people about the gospel, and I get frustrated when people are unable to comprehend the importance of the message that we are sharing, but that is the way that missionary work is supposed to be and growth only comes from doing hard things.
I continue to love it here though.
President Beckstrand is great, I am very excited to get to know him and his wife better. They stressed the importance of exact obedience, which I think is fantastic, because I have definitely seen the miracles that come from when we are exactly obedient. He said something that really stood out to me about keeping the rules, it went something like this:
"even if you think a rule is needless, or you don't understand the meaning of it, just follow it anyway, because the lord sometimes tests our faith by seeing if we will follow even those things that seem unimportant"
I like to think of myself as an obedient missionary, but there are always things that I can do to improve.
Other than that I got to spend the 5th of July with a less active family in a little town outside of Västerås called Enköping, it was fun, and really good they made steak, macaroni and cheese and an american flag cake, and afterwards Malta the Husband, showed us his paintball guns which was cool.
Thanks for all the emails!
Love you all!

Äldste Peterson

Swedish Haircut

My group! this was at the meet and greet for President and Sister Beckstrand. 

These are Malta's paintball guns, pretty cool.

a car from the meet

No comments:

Post a Comment