Well this week was great! It started off with splits on Tuesday with Elder Floyd from my group, it was fun to catch up on old times and it was also just really fun. While we were on splits we went into a secondhand store and I found an electric guitar for about 30 bucks with an action like butter, and a whammy bar! (it looks just like Veronica, Colan) so of course I bought it... its nice to have a quiet guitar in the apartment and I can take it apart and put it in my suitcase.
We also were able to visit with the kids from the Mong Family, they were really tight with Floyd when he was here, it was really fun to see how much of a difference missionaries can make it they try.
Before visiting with the Mongs we were able to teach a really great lesson to Tim on the Gospel of Jesus Christ, now we just have to explain authority better. Anyway that was Tuesday.
The rest of the week was pretty generic so I will spare you the details, but overall it was really good. I think one of the hardest things about the winter is the darkness but the next thing is probably the difficulty of being able to find creative workouts. We do have weights in our apartment that I have been using every day, and it's great, but I really miss being able to run every day.
There has to be like 5 feet of snow on the ground right now (ok so i'm exaggerating) but the weather goes through spouts of warmth which melts the snow and then freezes which makes it super hard to walk. So really I am quite grateful for the snow because it's easy to find traction. My companion Elder Pearson is from Saint George and so he is like a kid in a candy store when it comes to the snow (granted I probably would be too if it was my third time seeing snow in my life).
Anyway things are just great here, I am loving Sweden and I know that I am going to miss it. I am obviously excited to come home though and it is speeding toward me like a... well an airplane haha.
Love,
Elder Peterson
No comments:
Post a Comment