Monday, February 23, 2015

February 23rd, 2015 | Wirlwind and living with a giant!

Well contrary to what my title implies there was no actual whirlwind this week. I guess in retrospect I could have just deleted it, but it totally describes the way this week felt perfectly.
Saying goodbye is always hard and leaving Örnsköldsvik was no exception, but then what are memories for but keeping the past with us.
On Wednesday I took the train with Elder Pearson to Stockholm (about a 6 hour journey) and we met up with a bunch of the missionaries in Stockholm Central. I saw some people that I hadn't seen for over a year! It was a really great reunion. I also met my new companion Elder James, he's awesome! he loves reading and writing and si-fi so we have some pretty nerdy conversations about how it would be to live in space and things like that.
I think the highlight of our companionship for me so far though has been that he is willing to get up and go running every morning with me!!! Being on a mission not being able to leave your companion can make that prospect hard if your comp's not willing to go with you.
Also in explanation of the last part of my title Elder James is 6'6"! but he's a very quiet gentle giant for sure.
We are working in the area that I used to live in when I was working in Handen, so everything is really familiar even some of the faces in church! It's nice I was able to see both Stefano, and Nicholas. I talked to them and Stefano even remembered my name!
another tidbit of information, we live in a four-man so four missionaries in the same apartment, I love it!
anyway I hope that everything is going well for everyone back home, in Brazil, Argentina, and Sweden! or wherever you might be in the world.
Love,
Äldste Hans Draper Peterson

No comments:

Post a Comment