Hey!
Well time sure flies when your having fun! I can't believe that it's already February. I think that the mission is funny like that, sometimes time drags on like it will never stop and sometimes it goes by like a whirlwind.
This week was good. For zone training this Wednesday we're memorizing two scriptures, so here they are,
"I say unto you, can you imagine to yourselves, that ye hear the voice of the Lord, saying unto you, in that day: Come unto me ye blessed, for behold your works have been the works of righteousness upon the face of the earth?" Alma 5:16
also,
"Commit thy works unto the Lord, and thy thoughts shall be established." Proverbs 16:3
I have always loved Proverbs, and I really like the message that this one contains... It's really easy to memorize and I would encourage anyone reading this to try. (takes like 10 minutes).
It kind of reminds me of the saying "Fake it till you make it" in an offhand sort of way, but it is really true that "we are what we do". This is one reason why I feel that the people we choose to surround ourselves with have such a huge impact on the person we will one day become.
Examining the first scripture in Alma has also been invigorating, It gives a worthy goal to strive for. From memorizing it and repeating it over and over in my head I noticed the two words "for behold" in my mind this paints a picture of us standing before the Lord and looking back over our lives and all the works that we have done while enduring this mortal existence.
I hope that each and every one of you when reading this will consider that day and continue living righteously, It's so worth it and it gives peace, and happiness.
This week I played Pokemon with some of the youth in the branch, it was really fun and has been a great way to bond with them and develop greater friendships as well.
Funny story this week, Elder Pearson and I were walking along minding our own business (talking about the game Spyro actually) when all of a sudden we came to a part of icy sidewalk that was hidden by the snow from the blizzard that day... it was like that scene in star wars episode 5 (or 6) when they are on the planet Endor and Chewbacka chews on the bait to a trap and they all get caught in a net, only in our case it was snow covering the ice instead of leaves a trap. Anyway, we both went down at the same time hard, the hilarity of the situation made us both just burst out laughing, it hurt though haha and my neck is still sore, and Pearson hurt his knee. But anyway that's like only the fifth time I've gone down this winter haha. Don't judge me, dress shoes are slippery!
Anyway back to spiritual things, we got a new Investigator this week. He's Mongolian like Genghis Khan style and he barely speaks Swedish and no English whatsoever, so we're lucky to have a Lady in our ward that does, she was the one who found him.
Even with the launguage barrier teaching him was fine, we were able to find out that he had actually had missionaries over to his home in Mongolia when he was young and his mom even became a member. He said that he hadn't because of drinking and smoking. We're hopeful for him.
Other than that everything is going well, loving Sweden still (although I am of course excited for being home only 94 days!) and learning soooo much every day.
Love you all!
Elder Peterson
Me and Sovann battling it out in a deadly duel of wits, testing the very depths of our inner resolve to win.
the bus was a few minutes late so we did some pirouettes on the local ice rink
Snow... I had a video of me getting through this but this will have to suffice for now because the length of things I sent from myldsmain is too short. anyway the point is SNOW IS DEEP
just another day in the life of a Swedish missionary
English class
Chilling at home with my guitar
oh here is the guitar from a week or so ago
here is a walk we do about every day to the church... to the right in a few hundred feet there is a huge Swedish church with a big clock tower which is cool to look at when we walk by.
No comments:
Post a Comment