Well this week I finally tried surströmming which is fermented herring... (very old very raw fish that has a reputation of making missionaries throw up)
hilariously though I liked it... We went to a less actives house with the two other elders that are here in Örnsköldsvik (Urrn-shulds-vik). My companion Elder Pearson and Elder Simmons and I all tried it. It was pretty salty but pretty good, Elder Pearson and Simmons hated it though. It might have also been that I was pretty hungry but I don't know.
Afterwards Ulf who was the host had made a Christmas dinner, so we ate it... it was good!
Other than that this week was good... it is really dark pretty much all the time, and when the sun does come out it never gets really high in the sky and it's usually overcast. The snow did brighten it up a bit though, so that's good.
Oh yeah and we also had our Christmas zone conference thing... it was good, I realized that pretty much everyone in the mission that I know is home now... so I felt pretty old :( but there is a bright side to that I guess.
Anyway I am super pumped to skype for Christmas, I will be skyping at about 17:00 my time so 9:00 in Utah I believe... I will have Mom call Tess and Kyle to schedule that.
anyway Love you all!
Äldste Peterson
Here we are eating rotten fish together
here's a close up mmmmmmm
digging in
Snow outside our window
When we were in Stockholm we went to gamla stan into this super cool si fi store... I felt like we walked into comicon! (I've never been so I guess I don't really know how that is but......) here's a shot of the street.
Wow didn't know you had a blog. That's cool. :Alexander P
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete