Well this week was good! Just did normal missionary stuff... which gets boring just saying the same thing over and over again.
This week though I started reading Genesis and I am loving it... it is super cool seeing how the twelve tribes of Israel started out... and how Jacob's name was changed to Israel....
I was wondering if anyone knows why Jacob isn't reffered to as Israel untill after the second time his name is changed?
The first time is in Genesis 32:28... and the second time is in 35:10 but his name dosn't change untill 35:21 right after Rachel dies. Just curious.
but anyways I also read Ecclesiastes on Tuesday morning (it's pretty short) and it was super good, it talked all about how we shouldn't be vain and how knowledge is of the most value. Kind of like what it says in a lot of Proverbs.
Anyway if you have an hour or so I would recomend reading/studying Ecclesiastes.
Other than that life this week was good, we got to meet with Holland and his wife Zaklina and their three kids (they are from kosovo) and we talked a lot about baptism. In their culture the person who baptizes them becomes their Godfather and they explained to us that it basically means that you grafted into their family... they are not sure yet if they want to but we told them that they just needed to read the Book of Mormon and ask for an answer. They are super nice.
This week was also super fun because Noah Bernhardsson a 13 year old member came running with us on Wednesday and Friday. he lives on the other side of the lake so we ran around it. Super cool that he would get up at 6 to come run with us in the cold and the dark.
On Saturday we got to go to his families house for American breakfast. Magnus Bernhardsson
Noahs Dad was trained on his mission by a McArther who is from St George. He served in England, I am pretty sure were related but not 100 percent.
Anyway I wish I could show you pictures this week but we forgot the cable for the phone so... Tyvärr :( Men kanske nästa vecka!
Jag Älskar ni soooooooooooooo myket!
Äldste Peterson
No comments:
Post a Comment