I think my favorite part of the week was on Saturday when we went to play soccer with Daniel.
all four of us went and met up with him at around 12 at Bäckby Centrum this is the exact place on goolge maps if you want to look it up:
Tackjärnsgatan 122 Västerås Sweden
We played at the soccer field closest to this house. It was super fun.
We played for about an hour and then we decided to leave, but as we were leaving I checked our phone and saw that an investigator named Bukuru had called and was wating in Bäckby centrum to play (we invited him earlier that week) so we walked back to centrum and met up with him, and he brought 4 people with him, two were his brothers, all of them were african. So we went back to the field and played for a while longer... so picture this, Four American missionaries playing soccer with 6 Africans, if you don't already know most Africans are pretty good at soccer, and compared to us they were amazing.
I think that my favorite part of it though was that as we were playing it started pouring rain, so we got soaked to the bone. I don't know why but it was still AWESOME! and afterwards Daniel invited all 9 of us to his little apartment for sandwiches and hot chocolate.
love Africans.
The rest of the week was good, and on Friday it was Swedish National day, we went to a gathering of sorts in a park where they were passing out Swedish flags and they sang the National Anthem. I had no idea a park could be that quiet with that many people in it. Swedes are always quiet.
It was an interesting experience.
There were transfers this week, I will be staying with Elder Brown as my companion which I am super happy about because we get along great. Elder Hansen who is in our fourman is transfereing to Utby and Elder Krebs who is still here in Västerås will be getting a new companion, it's interesting because we live in the same apartment so it will be kind of like getting a new member of the family.
anyway, I am loving it here, I miss you all a ton, but I am glad to be where I am. I love hearing about what you are all doing!
Love you tons!
No comments:
Post a Comment