Wednesday, May 14, 2014

May 5th, 2014

Well this week was good... I got a new companion, Elder Brown, he's from Mesa Arizona, he's super cool! 
Alexander and Inger both came to church and for sunday school I taught them the lesson on baptism... it was super fun. I also translated for testimony meeting and priesthood for Daniel, in priesthood it was funny because Åke ( the guy teaching) started telling a story about a troll, and Daniel being from Nigeria didn't really know what a troll was. It's funny what a huge barrier culture can be. 
In testimony meeting Daniel got up and bore his testimony, so I went up with him and translated his English into Swedish, it was a little wierd switching back into translating Swedish into English right after. 
We got 20 lessons again this week even with transfers woot woot, and we are now teaching a guy and his wife from Chille. (they have lived here for 13 years.
I have the Iphone cable today so I will send a bunch of those.

This is right in front of Stefan (a less active in our wards) apartment. We were waiting for him to let us in. 

This was when Maria, a lady in our ward made all four of the missionaries dinner.


this is Maria... she's super nice, but she has some mental problems and it's hard for her to remmber things, so she is actually still an investigator, but she comes to church every week.


This is a flag I got in Trollhättan that hangs above my bed. ( I have the bottom bunk)


This is a cool poem that's in the kitchen at the church. 


This is the famous bridge shot in Västerås.... super cool right.


more of Västerås


contd.


This is a picture of a cool antik book store we went to a few P-days ago. 


The shirts that Daniel got for us.


this is a picture of the Västerås branch. from left to right 
Stig-Åke, Vivianne, Kärstine, Äldste Peterson, Åke, Monika, Äldste Krebs, 
Äldste Hansen, Roger, Syster Pettersson, Syster Sevhammar, David, Harry


This was while we were trackting, the guy actually said that we could come back. It is now known as the aslan door



this was a cool sunset that we saw on the way back from Sala, a few weeks ago.



This was on Wednesday, it was Elder Browns first day here in Västerås, and we got to go out to Åke's for Valborg, a celebration to scare away the witches every spring.


Thursday morning we helped Åke chop up a tree at the church and at the end I got to blow away the left over sticks.



On our way to Innebandy on Saturday. you can see the dome from the dome kyrkan... that's the towns church.


On P-day we went to a music store.... and I got to play this sweet Ibanez (it's the red one)


Well that's pretty much it... I can't wait to skype on Mothers Day!!!!! I will email you later with specific times, Love you!!!

Äldste Peterson

No comments:

Post a Comment