Saturday, March 22, 2014

March 10th, 2014

Well this week was interesting. On Tuesday my comp and I got a phone call from President Newell telling us that we were going to transfer to Västerås together due to the death of Elder Bailey. We got here to Västerås on Wednesday. It feels a bit strange to take his place. The branch here is nice, they are all very sad though. We had a nice memorial for Elder Bailey on Sunday and there were 91 missionaries here, almost half the mission! It was happy and sad at the same time. Happy that we will see him again, but sad that he is gone.

I am the district leader here now and district meetings are pretty easy because we live with the other Elders in our district, Elder Krebs and Elder Hansen. They are both super nice and I really have liked being in a fourman so far.
Today we are going to go to IKEA for breakfast and then do our shopping at Willys which is close to IKEA. Then we have planned to go into Västerås to look around. We have two lessons planned for tonight, one with an African man who me and Elder Williams contacted on the street last Thursday, and one with a less active. 
The very first day we arrived in Västerås we dropped our bags at the apartment and then we headed to a refferal lesson... the lesson turned out to be with a lady named Inger who seemed super prepared to recive the gospel, we were able to schedule a baptismal date with her for the 29th of this month. I am pretty excited about it, litteraly our first lesson within the first few hours of being here. 
We were also able to meet with a few pretty cool people this week. 
We did a lot of trackting obviously since neither of us know the area, which does build character Dad... I actually think that trackting is fun, which is good because we do alot of it. I wish there was a more effective way though because people are rarely polite or ready to listen at their doors.
This computer is set to correct swedish so exccuse my spelling. 
Well I love you all and I hope that everything is going OK at home. I don't have many pictures but I think that I have a few.
well, the pictures will have to wait till next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment